Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Namma Veedu teachers comments-Miss.Bodhini

WHERE AM I?

This article is the translated and edited part of the review given by Miss.Bodhini working in Namma Veedu Montessori House Of Children at the 100th day. She is a graduate with basic teacher training. We feel very proud of her excellent understanding about Montessori system and implementing in the village.

Miss.Bodhini says,
‘’ I have developed more patience and learned that we must not expect any result from the child immediately, we are just making them to experience the various concepts of various subjects.
But I am sure that these children will express their growth in knowledge and personality. I am learning more from the children that I teach them. At the age of 24 I have learned to shed my ego and trying my best to become a child.
Before I give any value first I am checking myself whether I have that character.
I have started and accepted that children have their own mind and life.
I am getting trained how to be a good mother in future.
Montessori system has changed me and the children in many levels. The system is giving more importance to a child’s psychic level. I want every child in this earth to be in a Montessori school. I am in a position to dedicate to uplift the child’s life through this education which is a gift for my nation.
Montessori materials are not just attractive things. I have experienced that the children are trained to coordinate their mind – body and thoughts.
The materials are initiating and shaping their interests and talents.
I have clearly understood that a school is not just a room to teach subjects. Books alone are not children’s need.
A teacher’s every action has its own influence upon the children.
Through love and firmness alone we can cultivate the inner discipline.
I have evolved to look beauty in every thing and great in carnations like Teressa and Gandhi within all.
I have realized that education has its own dimensions and it is not just making a child to read and write subjects.
Montessori system has made me realize the real meaning for discipline and education.’’

No comments: